Change can be difficult.
Up until they age out of entitlements, our participants are used to a certain routine. It’s safe, familiar and comfortable. They see the same faces every day, they know what to expect, and now they’re lives are changing as they move into the next phase. There are new routines, new people, new support and new questions like: What comes next?
You can expect from this program:
- Direct Support Professional to work with transitioning youth Monday – Friday up to 8 hours per day and up to 40 hours per week within the community
- In-person or hybrid supports
- A one-year program, possibly 2, to discover what to do post high school
- A team to help you focus on self-sufficiency, community activity, and employment planning
- Exploring the community for work-related opportunities or experiences to help you decide goals to work on to achieve future work interests.
- Assistance with learning, if required, to use public transportation
- Assistance with person centered planning and goal development
Currently, we have three MOST™ locations: Montgomery County, MD, Fairfax County, VA, and Loudoun County, VA. We are proud to be a DDA-approved Community Development Services program in MD. In VA we are DBHDS funded, and the services we offer are Community Engagement and Group Day. Our program is primarily comprised of young adults aged 18-24. However, age is just a number, and our focus is on individuals who are transitioning – whatever or whenever this transition may be.
What do I get out of MOST™? Help finding a job, build up my social skills, and I learn different skills and life lessons during discussions.
We can't wait to hear from you! Please submit a brief message, and our team will get back to you within 48 hours. Thanks!